The Community Building Complex of Boone County, built in 1939, was originally part of the Belvidere High School. It went on to function as a part of the Jr. High until the school district abandoned the building in 1989. The title of the building was transferred to the City of Belvidere in 1991. A Community Building Complex Committee was formed and authorized through state legislation in 1991 to maintain, operate and enhance the property. The Community Building was officially dedicated in 1996 and continues to serve its original purpose, a building that serves the community.
Since then the building has been preserved, renovated and improved with the installation of a new heating and air system, modern restrooms, an elevator and a complete catering kitchen located off the lower level banquet room and is also fully accessible to ADA requirements. Most recently, the Auditorium/Gymnasium has been completely remodeled. Improvements are continually in progress here at the Community Building Complex of Boone County.
The Community Building Complex of Boone County
111 W. 1st Street Belvidere, Illinois 61008
Phone: 815-547-3928 Fax: 815-547-6389
Email Address: email@example.com